Getting ready to head out on a Disney Cruise Line cruise?? Disney offers more inclusions than other mainstream cruise lines. So let’s unpack everything that is “included” on a Disney Cruise Line vacation.
Sit down restaurants, casual dining (the buffets restaurants including Cabanas / Marceline Market), poolside snacks/quick service and 24-hour room service. On cruises 7 nights or longer, there is even a character breakfast for no additional charge, however you do have to reserve tickets to attend. [This experience is slowly coming back post covid shut-down. We understand it will return during the Pixar Days at Sea Cruises.] Please note, there are adult only restaurants that come with an additional charge.
Give me all the food!
As much food as you care to enjoy. There’s no limit and no additional charge.
You can get two orders of fried brie, two desserts! Whatever you want! (Ps, if you’re gluten free and taking a Disney cruise, you can get Fried Brie as well! [This dish is offered in Royal Court/Palace, Tiana’s, i.e., the original four ships, but not on the Disney Wish.]
- Soft serve ice cream
- Snacks from the Cove Café
- Coffee bar – offers desserts
- Soda is included as well (while dining in the restaurants and at the pool deck). Most traditional lines charge you for a Coke, with Disney, it’s included while dining in the restaurants or on the pool deck.
- Mickey Bars!!!! You can order these at no additional charge from the room service menu, or order them in the dining rooms at lunch and dinner.
Disney Cruise Line offers the longest kids club hours at sea. There’s no additional charge* for childcare from children aged 3 and up the entire time the clubs are open. You can even leave your children in the club while attending a shore excursion off the ship during port days. For more information on the Kids Club on a Disney Cruise check out this post. *For those kids under 3 or for those that are not potty trained, there is a charge for the nursery.
Each night of your cruise there will be entertainment included in the cruise fare. On most nights of your cruise Disney offers Broadway style shows that entertain the entire family.
- Fireworks on select itineraries. DCL is currently the only cruise line offering fireworks during Caribbean and Bahamian Cruises.
- Movies, including “premEARS” at Sea are included. If a Disney movie is released to the the theatres during your cruise, you can watch it for no additional charge.
- Activities almost all day long. Including drawing classes, trivia, cooking demonstrations, towel folding classes, and crafts, among others.
- The Fantasy & Dream have miniature golf.
- Table tennis, shuffleboard and basketball.
If sailing to Disney’s private island, Disney’s Castaway Cay, beach chairs and umbrellas are included, as well as the waterslides. Other cruise lines charge for this. You also get a buffet BBQ lunch, as well as soda & soft serve ice cream cones on the island. Finally the Castaway Cay 5k fun run has no charge either. Super cute medals are given to each participant. (You will need to check on the medals on your ship as there have been some supply issues.)
Use of the gym facilities are included. Some fitness classes also are available for no additional charge. Finally you can use the sauna, locker room/showers for no added expense. They even offer sandals and bathrobes to use, as well as provide disposable razers in the locker room.
A small internet package is included if you sign up on the first day if you are sailing on the Disney Wonder. Disney offers 50mb per adult in a stateroom but only if you sign up on the first day. (This is not the case on the other 4 Disney ships.) Check out Scott Sander’s blog post about maximizing your internet usage on DCL.
Disney has the least amount of extra charges than any other cruise line. While you can purchase a light up cup, or pay for ice cream in the candy shop, you can certainly go your entire cruise without doing any of that. What are your favorite inclusions of a Disney Cruise Line cruise?
PS, did you know that you can use a travel planner (travel agent) to help book your cruise for no additional charge? Disney Cruise Line pays travel agents to assist you with planning your Disney Cruise. You get our expertise, for no additional cost. If you aren’t already working with a travel planner, reach out to me to help you plan your next cruise.