The anticipation of leaving the hotel room/cruise ship for a day at the parks or an excursion is so exciting. It’s important to make sure you bring with you the must have items in your bag that will make your day a little easier. (This post was last updated in January 2023.)
Day Bag Items:
The following list is what we take now to the parks or on a shore excursion. We had a LOT more things when my son was younger. As of the time of the writing of this article, he’s 9 years old. My park/excursion day bag items include:
[Pack Your Pixie Dust
- Hand sanitizer. We love Babyganics, it’s non-drying, foaming and smell free. Plus you can buy refills when yours runs out.
- Band-aids for blisters. We will place them on rub spots if we feel like a blister is brewing.
- Umbrella. We prefer this over a poncho, but a poncho for your family is fine. We only pack them for the day if rain is possible.
- Sunblock. Our current go to Sun Bum. They make a tiny travel size that’s perfect for a bag as well.
- Rechargeable Portable Fan. Again we only pack this if the weather requires.
- An emergency granola bar. One day at the Magic Kingdom we were delayed on the train. It took FOREVER. We finally got off and my blood sugar totally dropped. I needed food and the popcorn line at the front of the park was insane! (They had just released some specialty bucket.) I was in a bit of a panic not knowing where I could get gluten free safe food from quickly. Fortunately, Starbucks had their gluten free sandwiches then and it saved the day, but I will not make that mistake again. You never know when you will be stuck somewhere without food.
- Phone charger & Small cord (if not using a magnetic charger.)
- Gum (especially if going to a Disney Park- there’s no gum sold anywhere on property nor at the Orlando Airport!)
Remember to #PackYourPixieDust ✨
- Water Bottle. Either disposable or reusable to fill up during the day.
- My reusable popcorn bucket for Walt Disney World. (Easier when I have a stroller to store it in or we make room in our small backpack.)
- Our Camera. If we aren’t just using our cell phones.
- Hat. Keep the sun off your face.
- A light jacket or long sleeved shirt. It can be chilly. (Not in the middle of summer but the rest of the year.)
What are your must have items in your park/day bag??
BEFORE YOUr cruise, REMEMBER TO PACK YOUR PIXIE DUST! ✨
We recently purchased this light (ad) to place in the bathroom of our hotel rooms or cruise cabins so it’s easier to make those late night bathroom visits.
[Pack Your Pixie Dust is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.]