I recently traveled to Las Vegas for a trade show. Last year 19 million people visited Vegas and 42 million visited during the pre-pandemic year of 2019. Millions of people travel through the airport each month and yet there are almost NO gluten free options at the Las Vegas Airport.
My flight was onboard Delta Airlines. Delta flies out of Terminal 1. I ran all over that terminal. Sadly, there were really no substantial gluten free options in terminal 1 that I could find.
The Restaurants without a Gluten Free Menu
- In the past I had great luck at Sammy’s Woodfired Pizza & Grill. Unfortunately they didn’t have an option for me. Currently their menu consists of very few options.
- California Pizza Kitchen – although they had a gluten free crust, I was advised they weren’t able to accommodate allergies and that they would do nothing to prevent cross contact with gluten containing food. Sigh.
- Chili’s Too – currently has zero options that can be gluten free
- Rachel’s Kitchen. Rachel’s appears to have gluten free options. The menu serves salads, smoothies, and things like that. However they have very limited hours. They are only open until 2 p.m.
- Red Mango. This is where I ate. They serve “power bowls.” See the picture to the left. If you have a late flight out of terminal 1 during these times, this will be your only option to eat something from a restaurant. It was good and it provided me with enough food to cover me on my red-eye flight. More important, as an extremely sensitive celiac, I didn’t react at all.
- The store, Hudson News, had cheese sticks and packaged gluten free snacks. See the options pictured below.
Don’t arrive hungry for your flight
These are the gluten free options at Terminal 1 of the Las Vegas Airport as of November 2021. What has been your experience traveling gluten free at the airport in Vegas in the post pandemic era? Definitely comment and update me if more options become available.